Flash Fiction or Short story anthology!

The idea is to get a small group together for an anthology. Your story can be based on anything to do with Sci-fi, including sub-genres, such as post-apocalyptia, Dystopia, Hard Sci-fi...and the list goes on.

Stories can be anything from 900 to 5000 words long. If you are interested, post a comment =)

Comments

• Interested. Who will edit? Who will publish? Etc?
  • I'm working on that. I have an editor that I use and a cover designer, who's a friend of mine, and an indie author also...the rest I can work out as we go along. I have plenty of beta readers and content editors I can turn to =)
  • Ducky is an editor. An excellent one. When the project gets to that point.
  • Ducky is an editor. An excellent one. When the project gets to that point.

Ooh! Awesome! Nice to know. I shall try and keep it in-house then, as regards to editing.
  • Count me in, although most of mine are even shorter than 900. I had thought 5000 would be more short story than flash?
  • Cindy said:

Count me in, although most of mine are even shorter than 900. I had thought 5000 would be more short story than flash?

I was thinking about doing a mixture of both, short story and flash fiction. The first half being flash, the second being short story, what do you reckon? Or should we just keep it flash. The thing is, if we do that it could prove to be a very short book :D ;)
  • Definitely in! Need to work on my flash fiction skills.
  • Laylap, I agree. It would be a rather short book, though I would recommend everyone entering more than one entry. And! Let's not try for perfection everyone, but enjoyment. And we could do whatever format we'd like (right?). Be good to see how well it turns out, breaking from the norm.

(these are just my suggestions, and I hope they didn't come out wrong)
  • Laylap, I agree. It would be a rather short book, though I would recommend everyone entering more than one entry. And! Let's not try for perfection everyone, but enjoyment. And we could do whatever format we'd like (right?). Be good to see how well it turns out, breaking from the norm.

(these are just my suggestions, and I hope they didn't come out wrong)

That sounds like a blinding idea, jMichaelSchmidt. I have a rough story already, that I need to polish. It's based around the radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds. I've used it as a backdrop for my flash fiction =).
  • Ahhh, more words to write. Count me in.
  • I love anthologies. I once edited an antho that contained 48 stories from 44 different authors worldwide. Stunning cover, amazing writing. Hardly sold a copy over the years.

I am in favor of this project, nonetheless. Problem is that anthos are a very hard sell, but they sure are fun to read.