Flash Fiction Sci-fi collection anyone?

I'm putting forward an idea based around another comment thread. How about a book of short stories? Each story should be no more than 1000 words long and should have a good twist at the end, as any good flash fiction does. It can be based around any aspect of Sci-fi...what do you reckon?

Comments

• Encouraging writing is always a good thing. Go for it.
  • Laylap46 said:

I'm putting forward an idea based around another comment thread. How about a book of short stories? Each story should be no more than 1000 words long and should have a good twist at the end, as any good flash fiction does. It can be based around any aspect of Sci-fi...what do you reckon?

This is another idea we've been batting around, although not necessarily flash fiction length for the stories. If you want to get something like that going, and you get enough interest, we can make a thread for it.
  • Yeah! That would be good....although, my contribution would only be of Flash fiction length.
  • Laylap46 said:

Yeah! That would be good....although, my contribution would only be of Flash fiction length.

Write up a post for it. Include the details and we'll see if there is interest. I'll put it in the appropriate thread, once I figure out which one that should be. LOL
  • I have never tried writing flash fiction, but would be happy to give it a go.
  • Flash fiction is awesome! And the twists you can come up with are endless. I wrote one not so long ago called the 'The Hysteria was real'. It was based upon the evening the first broadcast of The War of the Worlds went out in 1939. It was a what if scenario. It was only 965 words long, but I might flesh it out and add it, if this happens =)
  • I do a bit of flash fiction, so count me in. Cindy
  • My only 'experience' would be on the I09 site - they use to have a weekly 6-word challenge. My personal favorite submission:
    "That was now, this is then"...
    Still, I'd be interested in at least making a stab at this (a lot better than other items I often think about stabbing...).
  • Hmm... I'm in! (wanted to work on my flash fiction skills)
  • I'd be interested. I've a set of characters getting grumpy because I'm not giving them any attention - I might be able to let them out to play for a bit, rather than deal with the continual kicking.
  • How would you market and split the income?
  • I'm interested.