November Theme is: Colonization

Hello Everyone.
November's Newsletter is just around the corner. I am trying to get into the groove of getting it out on the first of every month and November will be the first month that I hope to accomplish this goal.

The theme is: Colonization

I currently have one short story on the theme and one series of blog posts about NaNoWriMo. I would like at least 2 more articles. Please include images with your articles/short stories. They make everything more interesting. Up to 3 per article/story.

I have the Featured Author set up and one volunteer for a character interview. I need 2 more people/characters to be interviewed and I need people willing to be the interviewers. It has been suggested that we should just make up questions and let the authors answer those and turn them in. However, the whole point of this newsletter/blog is to get everyone participating some recognition and in my experience everyone interviews differently. I still think that is the most interesting way to do this, but if you disagree, let me know.

Interviewers: Please be sure to get a short bio from the author, a cover image for one of their books - preferably the one you talked about in the interview, and a head shot of the author and don't forget the link to the book.

Interviewees: Please be sure to provide all the above listed items to your interviewer.

Please let me know in comments to this thread if you are launching a book in November (or in October that I missed this go round.) I like to promote book launches, so if you have one coming up, I need:
  1. A cover image that is at least 400x600. I may not use that size, but it helps to have options.
  2. The link to where to buy the book
  3. A short blurb - no more than 150 words
  4. And if it is having a launch party any time after the first week of the month, I can try to get that in too, so a link would be nice.
I have one blog share so far. I need at least 3 more. If you have written or will write a blog post that has to do with colonization, those get preference. Same with short stories.

Comments

• edited October 10
    I have the 4th book in my Shiva XIV series "The River of Time" coming out November 6th. I plan to do a Facebook event as well on the 5th and 6th. I'll be creating that soon... I need a big push since this is kind of the last book in my MC's story arc. There will be a prequel novel later, but this is sort of it! I'm sad and happy all at once!

I'd also love to do a character interview. Can it be one character interviewing the other? :)

Here's the blurb for River:

In this climactic volume of Shiva XIV, Ayn reaches what appears the height of success as chaos looms in the shadows and ancient monsters awaken.

Meanwhile, planets ready for battle as the fight for plasma and galactic domination continues. Ohr will stop at nothing to take complete control while Kri and Deius join forces to thwart the power hungry Prime Minister, Kurin Vax.

In a race against time to save the Un Galaxy, Ayn must face the deadliest foe imaginable. Will he succeed? Or will he fail, never becoming the prophesied "Bodanya" of legend?

Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076461YH4/

*edit: I thought I could add the image here, but it's not working on my phone. I can message you it on Facebook. :)
  • edited October 11
    Saw this post, so I 'slapped' together a quick blog post (I use WordPress). I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for (as well as it's quality). It's mostly my personal recapping of colonization efforts (fictional and real) which I'm most aware of.
    https://wordpress.com/post/ballparkfrancis.wordpress.com/1131
    My apologies, since I'd originally intended to start into the topic of the 1970's "ancient astronaut" phenomena. However before I knew it, I found myself on a high-speed shuttle heading toward Titan.
  • LOL I'll talk a look @ballpark_frank.
  • I just noticed the url may be incorrect (I think that 'leads' to my editing page, so probably shows invalid link or whatever). If so, try this one:
    https://ballparkfrancis.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/chariots-saucers-and-aliens-oh-my/
  • Hello Captain,

I've got a post on colonisation I'd be more than happy to share if it looks appropriate; it's colonisation as part of a series on my sci-fi world-building, so it's pretty heavily skewed to my books' background.

http://jcsteelauthor.com/books/colonisation-fleets/

Let me know if it might be of interest and I'll happily provide the copy :)
  • edited October 19
    Ducky, just so you know, my Shiva books 1-3 will be free on Nov 6th. So, effectively, readers can get all 4 books in the series for .99 cents (the price of book 4.) Just a one day sale only.
  • Ducky, just so you know, my Shiva books 1-3 will be free on Nov 6th. So, effectively, readers can get all 4 books in the series for .99 cents (the price of book 4.) Just a one day sale only.

Cool! I'll try to get that fit in. If you have an promo image that would help. You and Claire look like you'll get all the attention next month as I have not been told of any other launches.
  • Awesome! I'll make a promo image for it today!
  • Can you use this and just say that they can get the entire series for the cost of the 4th book for .99?
  • Can you use this and just say that they can get the entire series for the cost of the 4th book for .99?

Can do.
  • edited October 24
    Awesome possum! Thanks!
  • I released a book on 24th October but it has nothing to do with the theme.
  • Awesome possum! Thanks!

:smiley:
  • I released a book on 24th October but it has nothing to do with the theme.

Book releases will be included regardless of subject matter. Sci fi, fantasy, steampunk, horror, paranormal, alt history, etc. Any and all new releases in any given month and if you miss the newsletter but are releasing at the end of one month it can be included in the following month's newsletter.