Author/Character Interviews

Anyone who is willing to do a nice conversational interview for the Featured Author, please comment here.

If you have done an author/character interview for anyone in the Roundtable group and would like it cross posted, let me know in the comments.

Comments

• @bonniemilani is doing the first interview for the Featured Author on the newsletter. I've decided to do one newsletter a month to start out, so I can do 3 more authors of the week. I need volunteers to interview 3 more Knights.
  • I tend to avoid giving people a structured set of interview questions. I present one question, usually about one of their characters, and ask them to ramble on in response. If you're interested in this approach, please put me down to "interview" one of the other knights.
  • Do you continue to question as you go further into the conversation? I would be interested in this form as long as it doesn't ramble so badly that it becomes incoherent.
  • I'd be happy to jump on board :)
  • edited August 2017

I'd be happy to jump on board :)

Excellent Brhi. Please contact Angelique Anderson and interview her for her new release of The Phoenix Lord. You can make it a casual conversation, or ordered questions. If you choose ordered please do about 5. I would like it back by 9/10. Confirm with me and I'll add it to the calendar.
  • Happy to interview on Newsnibbles. Just give me some notice. @ZoraMarie did some brilliant character interviews for me that I'm happy to be shared if she is.
  • I have done one for EMSH, JW Luff, and Rick haynes that i think are all in the group. Happy to continue interviewing people.
  • Do you continue to question as you go further into the conversation? I would be interested in this form as long as it doesn't ramble so badly that it becomes incoherent.

Do you continue to question as you go further into the conversation? I would be interested in this form as long as it doesn't ramble so badly that it becomes incoherent.

I only give one question to the interviewee, as a prompt. I do not structure the interview. Here's a link to one I posted on my blog: http://www.judithrook.com/2016/11/14/steve-atkinson-from-story-to-story/

Three examples of prompt questions:
    (1) As a productive author, do you think you are helping to keep the world sane?
    (2) What does the phrase "Write for the reader" mean to you.
    (3) Will you ever change to another genre?
    As you can see, the questions are very open and general.
  • I'll do either author or character interviews, but I LOVE being in the characters' heads, so I prefer that much more.
  • Happy to add anyone from here to my weekly interviews, or even run a mid-week special if it ties into a launch or other promotion.

For these interviews I am trying to take a slightly different approach to this, looking at the research and science side of things rather than the characters.
    https://www.ericlklein.com/feature-friday-futures/
  • I've been doing author interviews in my bi-weekly audio podcast. I also offer Character interviews. Here is my Interview Request Form. Note that this is only for Fantasy/SciFi authors and genres.
    http://www.tomfallwell.com/audio-interview-request.html

• I only give one question to the interviewee, as a prompt. I do not structure the interview. .
    Thank you Judith. I'll take a look at the link.
  • Thank you @Badger, @LyraShanti, @Eric, @RhemaTom, @Cindy

@Eric Please contact Jane Jago for an interview on her book Dying to be Friends. I think an interview on their research would be interesting. She might drag E.M. into it, but make contact with her first. Deadline to get it to me 9/10. Thank you.

@Badger please contact Lyra about her book The Dragon Warrior of Kri. Interviews should be about 5 questions long.
  • @Captain_Ducky Newsnibbles interviews are 7 Questions, you can pick your favourite 5 if you like!
  • edited September 2017
    Badger said:

@Captain_Ducky Newsnibbles interviews are 7 Questions, you can pick your favourite 5 if you like!

Seven is good Claire. :smiley: When you get it done, send it to me, or post it on your Newsnibbles and send me the link. Thank you.
  • I'm looking for this king of content for my www.bookauthors.online launch coming in a couple weeks...so I'd love to host interviews. I tend to prefer questions be organic (an answer leads to a follow-up question) so they present better and not canned, but can provide samples of questions/starting points.
  • I'm looking for this king of content for my www.bookauthors.online launch coming in a couple weeks...so I'd love to host interviews. I tend to prefer questions be organic (an answer leads to a follow-up question) so they present better and not canned, but can provide samples of questions/starting points.

Sounds good to me. If it's launching in a couple of weeks, you might want to do an interview and then I can link it, since I have them all scheduled for this month I believe. BTW, Eric would be happy to be interviewed. Hit him up.
  • Character interviews are welcome on my dedicated blog for them :)
  • @Captain_Ducky - tried getting hold of @LyraShanti , think she's in hiding. Anyone seen her??
  • Happy to do an author or character interview at some time. I have a character interview just before my launch of Akrad's Children with E M Swift-Hook :) Still in planning stages but thinking of a blog tour for the book in October/November.
  • @jenohagan So you want to interview someone/thing or you want to be interviewed?
  • Badger said:

@Captain_Ducky - tried getting hold of @LyraShanti , think she's in hiding. Anyone seen her??

I've sent @LyraShanti a message. I'm in contact with her in another group.
  • Badger said:

@Captain_Ducky - tried getting hold of @LyraShanti , think she's in hiding. Anyone seen her??

Let me know if you don't reach her. I can send her a PM.
  • Badger said:

I haven't heard from Lyra through PM, but she's around. She commented on a post in the group about ten hours ago.
  • Can add me to the list of people happy to be interviewed. :) Not really interested in interviews as my characters, though.
  • CBDroege said:

Can add me to the list of people happy to be interviewed. :) Not really interested in interviews as my characters, though.

Do you have any thing you've done that is horror/paranormal related?

Also would you be willing to write an article about audio books for a future newsletter?
  • Badger said:

I haven't heard from Lyra through PM, but she's around. She commented on a post in the group about ten hours ago.
    I send Lyra a PM and she will Friend you @Badger
  • edited September 2017
    @BrhiStokes I talked to Angelique and she will be ecstatic to do an interview for you. :smiley:
  • I am also happy to be interviewed as me or one of my characters... just putting that out there...
  • Badger said:

I am also happy to be interviewed as me or one of my characters... just putting that out there...

If you look on the Calendar, you'll see that I coughstolecough borrowed the interview Jane did for you. ;)