Newsletter Articles

If you want to write articles for the newsletter comment in this thread.

Also, if you have articles on your own blog that you would be glad to have cross posted, mention that in your comment.

Comments

• So far we have an article from @bonniemilani, @Cindy, and @aaronmichael for the first newsletter going out on Sept 15. If anyone else wants to write something about launching the newsletter, please speak up.
  • I'd like to contribute book reviews of Roundtable authors. I can think of a half dozen I've already written, plus another 10 or so in the works.

I've also got 40 flash fic pieces on my website that you are welcome to use.
  • Excellent. I will link your reviews in the newsletter and on the blog, @S_Shane_Thomas.
  • I'd be interested in writing an article for the newsletter :smile:

I have 3 sorted, thinking 4 is a nice round number. However, I'm fresh out of topic ideas. What would you like to write about?
  • I'm interested. I'll write something and shoot it over to you as the time, opportunity, and subject strikes.
  • I'm interested. I'll write something and shoot it over to you as the time, opportunity, and subject strikes.

Thank you @BrentaHarris.
  • I have about 6 blogs I have done for other places on writing bits and pieces if you are happy to reuse them, plus flash fiction that I have had on facebook.
  • I have blog (not yet posted) about world building in fantasy novels, just under 1000 words, if you'd like it.
  • Cindy said:

I have about 6 blogs I have done for other places on writing bits and pieces if you are happy to reuse them, plus flash fiction that I have had on facebook.

Yes happy to use them over time Cindy. Once this is all set up, I will be choosing a theme for each newsletter and then fitting blog posts from members into the theme.
  • I have blog (not yet posted) about world building in fantasy novels, just under 1000 words, if you'd like it.

That would be great Chrys. Get me the link to it once it's posted.

I have 3 sorted, thinking 4 is a nice round number. However, I'm fresh out of topic ideas. What would you like to write about?
    Ummmm lol I've got a couple on various topics I can send you then you can slot them in wherever is best :smile:
  • I'd love to write an article for the newsletter please

• Ummmm lol I've got a couple on various topics I can send you then you can slot them in wherever is best :smile:

Alright I'll PM you sometime this weekend to sort it.
  • MissPiggy said:

I'd love to write an article for the newsletter please

Fabulous Lissie. Do you have any ideas or do you want me to pick a topic? This will likely go in the Oct newsletter as this one is full up now.
  • I have content I'm happy to cross post in the newsletter :)
    Does each newsletter have a theme?
  • I'm struggling to get my own blog posts up atm - would be interested in this in the future and/or book reviews
  • jenohagan said:

I'm struggling to get my own blog posts up atm - would be interested in this in the future and/or book reviews

@jenohagan One way to get your own blog going is to cross post from others. Let me know how I can help.
  • Assaph said:

I have content I'm happy to cross post in the newsletter :)
    Does each newsletter have a theme?

I am thinking about it @Assaph
  • jenohagan said:

I'm struggling to get my own blog posts up atm - would be interested in this in the future and/or book reviews

@jenohagan One way to get your own blog going is to cross post from others. Let me know how I can help.
    Hi Ducky, Appreciate that. It's not content (I have that) as time & mental space - flat out with so many projects atm & the guest blogs I do. Two events in the next 3 weeks plus launch of my novel etc etc.
  • jenohagan said:

Hi Ducky, Appreciate that. It's not content (I have that) as time & mental space - flat out with so many projects atm & the guest blogs I do. Two events in the next 3 weeks plus launch of my novel etc etc.

@jenohagan When is your book launching? That can go in the newsletter. Also any guest blog posts you do, can potentially be shared here. That gives the other blog more exposure and US more exposure. Talk to me in PM on FB if you need to.
  • I post some reviews (mostly video games, and mostly pretty short) but I do books or film occasionally too. I'd be happy to have any of them in the newsletter if you want them. I've got some critical analysis articles about also, but those are pretty old, since no one's paying me to write them anymore. :p
  • edited September 2017
    CBDroege said:

I post some reviews (mostly video games, and mostly pretty short) but I do books or film occasionally too. I'd be happy to have any of them in the newsletter if you want them. I've got some critical analysis articles about also, but those are pretty old, since no one's paying me to write them anymore. :p

@CBDroege I can link to any book or film reviews you do, but want to keep October's newsletter for the horror/paranormal genre. If you have any like that, I'm happy to use them. If not, there is always Nov. This month is full now.
  • Hello Ducky,
    I realise I've made a mistake, although it's not an important one. I saw your mention of an article on the topic of "What makes Epic Fantasy?" I found the idea interesting, and wrote one. Now I realise that it was a topic just for Aaron-Michael Hall.
    The thing is that I have a response on the "Epic Fantasy" topic ready, and I'll offer it to you, but if you don't want it, that's fine.
  • @JudithRook a response? You mean someone else wants to post it? Hey go for it. Then give us the link and we will cross post it.
  • @JudithRook a response? You mean someone else wants to post it? Hey go for it. Then give us the link and we will cross post it.

A bit of a confusion. I mean the article is ready to post - somewhere. If you don't want it as a direct entry onto the newsletter, then I'll put it onto my own blog.

A bit of a confusion. I mean the article is ready to post - somewhere. If you don't want it as a direct entry onto the newsletter, then I'll put it onto my own blog.

Ah yes, @JudithRook that was a bit of a misunderstanding. Go ahead and post it to your blog. And still go ahead and give me the link to it. I can still put it in the cross posting page. That one will have a list of links to other interesting blogs. AND if you really want to write an article for the newsletter, please PM me on FB. I have an idea, but want to chew it over with you before posting here. This would be for the November newsletter.

I've posted the article on my blog: http://www.judithrook.com/. I will put this link onto the cross-promotion page as well.