Wylie Petford suffers extreme tragedy, only to discover that she holds great purpose.
The Dracosinum, a magical device with a key to her heritage, will unlock her future while leaving her love Lord Adrian in the past.
The loss of her closest friendship, the taking over of her home and town by Villainous Lord Ukridge.... is there no good to come from her life?
Now, with the odds against her, she has one chance to become who she is meant to be, escape her shackles and defeat the Lord Jameston.
19th Century London has seen nothing like this - The Lady Dragon is ready to sweep you up in a steampunk world full of corsets, steam-powered gadgets, and dastardly villains.
Welcome back everyone, and welcome back Angelique. Angelique has returned to let us visit with one of her friends. Angelique, who did you bring with you today for a visit?
- Someone quite interesting... he's visiting from London currently, though he said he has to fly back shortly.
Want to introduce him to us? I'll try not to keep him too long.
- Quincy the dragon, Wylie etfords 'conscience' so to speak from my new book The Dragon Lady.
Welcome Quincy. Thank you for letting Angelique coax you over to this side of the pond for a visit.
- Hmph... I'd much rather be curled up in my Dracosinum with a hot cup of tea. Alas, this woman hasn't stopped her incessant ranting since my arrival.
It's Quincy please do this, and Quincy tell me more about the Dragaleths... A dragon can't get an ounce of peace.
Uh, oh. That's not good. What do you enjoy doing when you're at home?
- If by home, you mean my Dracosinum... I enjoy watching the Dragaleths attempt to balance the good and evil of this completely chaotic world. Though a long soak in a thimble full of warm oil is quite relaxing on the brass joints.
I also enjoy telling Wylie what to do, poor naive girl hasn't a clue what she has gotten herself into.
Were you born in a Dracosinum?
- One could say that, you see... long ago... when evil was great in the world it hurt the gods so deeply that they cried real tears. Those tears fell to the Earth creating one pure white dragon, the Teselym, and one black as night dragon, the Siapheg.
It became clear that though the Siapheg figured out its purpose quite quickly.. the Teselym had a hard time knowing what good to do to balance the Siapheg.
Thus, I was born.. sent here in the Dracosinum to aid the Teselym in its quest to distinguish good against evil.
That sounds ominous. Are Siapheg and Teselym your parents, then?
- Hmmm... no... more like annoyances and more trouble than they are worth. One might say the gods are my parents...
Can't fault the Teselym and the Siapheg for what they do, just living out their purpose really... but their human side really can mess things up.
You look like a dragon, so I may be interpreting this wrong... Are the Teselym and Siapheg dragons as well, or are you the only one?
- I am very much a dragon, full blooded as they come. The Teselym and Siapheg however... they are dragons during the night time hours only. During the day, they inhibit their human hosts and go about like normal everyday folk.
If you ask me, there had to be a better way to do it, the whole human body on the bed at night, while its essence takes dragon form and does its duties at night, is troublesome. Not just for me, but for the human hosts as well.
So I wasn't completely off - just half way. ::Grins:: Sounds like it. Since you say they cause you trouble, would you call them your enemies?
- Not at all. the only enemies they really have, are each other. In fact, the Teselym is my personal responsibility. I act as a sort of guide... a moral compass to help the Teselym decide which acts of good are more important, and to help the Teselym refrain from acts of evil that would come naturally to their human side. This time around, the Wylie Petford girl is my current Teselym, and can that blasted girl get on my nerves.
- Stubborn and demanding! Not at all like her amiable father, with which I was very good friends with.
Do you have any allies to help you out when your Teselym gets out of hand?
- Well... I suppose the gods could do right away with them... but I've never had any real issues.. besides the occasional smart mouthed young woman.. which brings me to my current dilemma. Though, I have to say... she is brave in her own right... she has made some difficult decisions as of late, that I don't know any other Teselym could have made. Full marks for bravery for that one.
One last question, then I'll let you head back home. If you could have anything in the world, what would you choose?
- A way to rid the world of its evil. I have seen too much of it over the centuries.. I suppose it is good that I am not human or all of that would way too heavily on me.
Right, right... back to my Dracosinum for me... until the Dragon hour is over.
I'll agree with you about getting rid of evil - though there is also the counter argument: If there is no evil, there is not good. Quincy, thank you for coming over to visit. Feel free to drop by any time for a chat (or to get away from your stubborn friend for a bit.)
- Thank you, pleasure to make your acquaintance... and if you do happen to hear the flutter of dragon wings outside your window. Rest assured that all is right in the world, and we are all doing our job.
I'll remember that, though the cats may not agree.
Angelique, before I wrap up here, any last words?
- Ha ha ha ha, fascinating creature isn't he? He's currently no bigger than the size of my thumb, but I have seen him grow to be larger than I am. Anyway, thank you so much for having us both... it was a pleasure as always. If you want to get to know Quincy more, he will be starring in The Dragon Lady, releasing May 1, 2017.
I look forward to it. Definitely going to have to devou.... erm... investigate this story!
It was a pleasure having you over again. Thank you so much for returning, and convincing Quincy to come with you.
- ha ha ha ha!! Thank you so much!! He's really a gentleman of a dragon, and he's been the perfect house guest.
Its been great talking to you!
If you enjoyed the interview, and would like to read more about Quincy, head on over to Amazon Here
and pick up a copy of Dragon Lady